Food Review - Nassim Hill Bakery Bistro BarMonday, March 31, 2014
When I saw on Instagram that Nassim Hill has one of the BEST eggs benedict, I drooled. And when I read on this list from gninethree that their prices are nett, my alter ego #auntiebean surfaced. No one can stop a drooling #auntiebean. No.One.
Sweet Potato Fries with Cilantro Chili Lime Aioli ($10)
Anything that is made up of sweet potatoes are just SO deliciously sweet and yummy. This sweet potato fries is superbly done - crispy, lightly salted and doesn't feel oily. The best part is the dip. The cilantro chili lime aioli really whets up your appetite and when you pair it together with the sweet potato fries, you get ALL your taste senses tingled: the sourness from the lime, the sweetness from the sweet potato and the spiciness from the chili.
Two reasons why this dish awakened #auntiebean:
1. This comes in a HUGE PORTION. 2 person cannot finish this. If you can, you should go take part in food-eating contest.
2. You can refill your sauce.. AT NO CHARGE. FREE. OMG.
Ham & Cheese Sandwich with Honey Baked Ham, Emmental, Lettuce and Tomato on Asahi Kuronama Beer Bread ($16)
This looked interesting because they offer to substitute your bread with the Asahi Kuronama Beer Bread at a $2.50 charge. Beer bread? Will I get drunk?
Again, this is a fairly huge portion (This place really appeals to #auntiebean). It was so huge, we could only finish one and had to pack the other. Tastewise, the bread was a little bitter, probably due to the beer. Also, it was not toasted so it was just a really normal sandwich that tasted a bit hard and bitter. $16 is too expensive for such a simple sandwich.
Grilled Chicken Quesadilla with Smoked Cheddar, Caramelised Onions and Chili Apricot Mango Jam ($16)
This sounded really interesting with the caramelised onions and the jam. Unfortunately, the jam taste overwhelmed the whole quesadilla. There was not enough grilled chicken to balance the sweet taste. Instead of spreading the jam inside the quesadilla, they could have placed it on the side as a dip.
Apple Crumble Cake served with Vanilla Ice-Cream ($8)
This apple crumble cake is HUGE. Everything is in huge portion here omg. The crumbles were nice, but overall it taste just like a normal apple crumble cake. The plating, as you can see, is also normal. Nothing much to rave about.
Brownie Parfait with Caramelised Corn Flakes, Salted Peanuts, Salted Caramel Sauce and Vanilla Ice-Cream ($10)
THIS. THIS IS ORGASM. This brownie parfait gets a rating of 5evilbeans! WAI is it so good?
1. They served the brownie PIPING HOT. It was so hot, it almost feel like you are eating it in the oven. Nothing can beat piping hot brownies.
2. Super chewy brownie. It is not those moist, rich kind but more of the chewy kind which I really love!
3. The bits that came with this brownie: Caramelised Corn Flakes and Salted peanuts. These yummy salted, crunchy, crispy bits gave this dessert an extreme sweet-salty sensation that makes the brownie less "gelat".
Again, this dessert hits all the senses. Piping hot brownie with ice-cold vanilla-icecream. Sweet, chewy brownie with salty caramel corn flakes and caramel sauce. SOOO GOOOOD! This is a MUST-TRY!
YES. EGGS BEN. I wanted to come here because of the eggs ben but unfortunately, they only serve it until 5pm. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! *imitates KwangSoo* ANDWAEEEEEEEEEEEE!
Sooo gonna come back here again for the eggs benedict.
Overall, this cafe is a hidden gem in the busy area of Orchard. The glass-window seats are wonderful to just daze away while you noms at their sweet potato fries or their artisan breads.
Cafe Rating (out of 5 Evilbeans):
Evilbean's last words/recommendation:
- A hidden gem for you to laze your weekends away. Price is slightly expensive but the portions are huge.
- MUST-ORDER: Sweet Potato Fries, Brownie Parfait